Sunday, May 18, 2008


The day I shot this photo was the last at Biltmore for Millie, shown above with Abner. I feel bad that anyone who knows him by name hasn't been in the blog and this was my last chance to get Millie in. All the people at the estate are so friendly and helpful that the task of recognizing them all is impossible.
I am really curious about the above critter. I have now seen two of these around and about in the last couple weeks. They don't seem very animated and are quite cooperative when you hold a camera right on top of them. I would appreciate an email from anyone who can tell me what kind of bug this is.
I mentiond the drum circle in Pritchard Park on Friday nights. This shot doesn't even begin to convey the number of people who gather for this weekly event, but you can see that it is a pretty uninhibited deal.
Abner looks good in green I think.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

A. Stafford said...

Hi, I believe your insect picture is of a cicada. If it isn't a cicada it must be in the same family. I think around here they are referred to as Dry Flies. They are considered good luck and people do give them as gifts, although I couldn't imagine ever delighting in receiving one.