Thursday, July 24, 2008

I don't think I have ever seen June Bugs before. They are beetles that arrived her in July in spite of their name, and seem to be restricting themselves to staying within about 12 inches of the ground. I think they are in major mating season. The one to the right in the upper photo was distubed in his orgy when I got down to take these photos. As you can see, he still has an erection. Shocking public sexual display right in downtown Asheville. The one on the left and in the bottom shot had originally been trying to get in on the act but decided to retreat to a respectable distance when I started photographing their connubial bliss.

The trail rides are in full swing at Biltmore these days. Abner still has his fascination with horses in spite of the distance from which we see them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: