Sunday, May 08, 2011

 


Above is my friend and Abner's dog sitter Rob at his graduation from UNCA


 


The next group shows Biltmore, again, in spring. It never loses its beauty no matter what season or how many times I have seen it.

 


 


 


My friend Ingrid came to visit from California in early April and somehow ended up being photographed in front of a lot of the local scenery. . .as is evidenced below.

 


 


 


 


 



Biltmore Flora and Fauna are bursting with abundance again this spring. I think the impressive white shrub is Spyrea.

 


 


 



One day this spring Abner and I accompanied our friend Josh to Rumbling Bald for some bouldering. I did a little climbing, Abner mostly watched, and Josh worked on a problem he has been attacking for some time. He is a pretty amazing climber to watch. Though small in height he is ridiculously strong and moves like Spiderman on some of these bouldering problems. On this particular day, the problem didn't get sent (in bouldering vernacular, that means success wasn't there on that day).

 


 


 


 



Winter scenery isn't usually what people come here for but to me it is some of the best. We don't get a whole lot of snow but when we do it is usually quite beautiful spread across these mountains.

 


 


 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I hope you are doing well. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon. I've started to read your blog but it's too much for one lunch break. I'll have to finish up later.
Matty-bubins