Monday, June 09, 2014

 Well, I tried uploading these photos in a sensible sequence but to no avail.  Above is one of a dozen or more somewhat cornie "selfies" Rob took of us hiking to Franconia Falls one day.  Since he is not a big fan of photographs of himself he usually makes somewhat bizarre faces.  The shot above is one of the more straightforward ones.  The two photos below were on some side creek where we were looking for critters or their eggs.

 This was the view in the car on the Kancamagus highway from Conway to Lincoln.

 These shots were from my solo hike on my last day in NH when I based myself out of the Pinkham Notch visitor center.
 The photo below as well as two down from this one were taken at the Institute for Contemporary Art, Boston.  In between is another of Rob's shots of us at the Franconia Falls trail.




 Old Ironsides, at the Charlestown Navy Yard fascinated me when I was a kid and still does.



 Above is a classic sign in the Navy yard and below is the view of the TD Garden from my room at The Boxer.

 The photo above is of Felix the first day I picked him up in Atlanta when he was adjusting to everything being new and strange.
 He still likes being a lap dog but that probably won't work for much longer.

Back on the NH trip, these shots were taken on the way up to and at the summit of Eagle Mountain.
 Below is the Eagle Mountain House, where I stayed for 4 nights as viewed from the summit.  It is actually farther away but I used the telephoto lens to see it better.

 Above is Rob exercising the very New Hampshire tendency to ignore authority.  The shot below is mostly about my fascination with moss.  This was a tree that was positively festooned in the stuff.  We encountered this on the way back from Franconia Falls.  You will note that Rob is dressed for wet weather, which we encountered about 4 or 5 times that day.

No comments: