Tuesday, February 17, 2015

 These pictures were taken early in the morning at John's new place on the bluffs of the American River.

 The main house is perched at the edge of the cliff with great views as seen above.  The guest house where I stayed is snuggled back in a more secluded part of the property, below.
 Above is a shot I took on the drive down to Big Sur and our fun lunch at Nepenthe.  Below is a somewhat posed (ya think?) shot of me with Bridal Veil Falls on my Saturday hike with Rob.



 Above is a great view of El Capitan from the Old Big Oak Flat Road trail. . .with Rob serving as a scale figure.  The shot below is from the balcony of my room at the Yosemite View Lodge.  The hotel has serious maintenance issues but the Merced river flows right behind it and it is only about 2 miles from the entrance to the park.

 I am starting to realize that this blog has a lot of pictures of me wearing that same North Face Parka. . .usually with something scenic in the background.  Below is a "selfie" (a term I hate) at the dining room at the Ahwahnee Hotel.  Pretty good lunch actually. . .

This was a postcard shot of Rob with El Capitan in the background when we were walking the Valley Loop Trail.  It was just too perfect a spot to not take a picture.


 Josh and Lanny and Layla stayed with Felix.  I think he had a great time.  The shots above were, I suspect, a tad posed at my house.  Below is a photo of Felix with some new friend from his outing to Rumbling Bald, and the bottom shot indicates to me that Layla decided he wasn't so bad after all.


No comments: