Sunday, March 18, 2007




These are the last few shots I have of wintry looking Biltmore. At this point they seem like tourist shots to me because I took them several weeks ago and they are now seriously out of date. No more snow or ice. Nothing but geese and daffodils everywhere. There is a leak in the dam at the Bass Pond so its water level has been lowered to affect repairs. It makes the island on which the geese are nesting considerably bigger. I hope they don't get any surprises when the level goes back up. The Angus herd has had many calves. Regie and I were walking with Abner and Spencer one day about a week and a half ago and counted one field with 8 adults and 13 calves. I wasn't aware that so many cows had multiple births. Makes me wonder if the farm boys aren't manipulating nature. Abner didn't care. He is fascinated, as always with the cattle and they seem to be pretty taken with him. Every once in awhile, one wanders over to the fence and they have a nose to nose moment. Very cute.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: