Friday, March 16, 2007

This photo of John and Gus is one I found while searching through albums of photos for a montage one of Gus' brpthers put together for his memorial. It was taken a few years ago at Winesong in Fort Bragg. Surrounded by friends for this yearly event, Gus kind of was clowing for this picture. What his face says, is "I can't believe John wants another picture of the two of us". It is one of my favorites from 18 plus years of photos of the two of them.



The other pictures in this group are from a hike Abner and I took this past weekend with Matt and Bear. There were probably close to a dozen people at the summit of the overlook at Craggy Gardens along the Blue Ridge Parkway. This is at almost 6.100 ft elevation and it was a bright, warm and sunny day. Three people we encountered there know Abner. Only one of them knew me. Typical.

No comments: