Saturday, August 25, 2007

I have discovered that I really like trellises and arbors that are lushly covered. The one above is in the walled garden that has both grape vines and a wide variety of squash growing on it. Below is the long wisteria arbor below the bowling green.

My fascination with strange flora continues. This gigantic spiky flowers are abundant around the Inn at this time of year. Anyone know what they are? Below is a group having a lesson on Segways prior to a 3 hour tour. This is a new feature Biltmore added this year and according to my friends at the Outdoor Center, it is a huge success. Regie, Eric, Matt, Amy and I are all thinking it would be fun to do once. We have all covered the route they take you on dozens (or in my case hundreds) of times on foot, but the Segways look like fun.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: