Friday, June 22, 2007

I think I will never get tired of the look of Charleston. Turn down any street you choose almost and it is so inviting you are tempted to just go knock on people's doors and say hi.
Carol Ann, shown above working on Abner's ear scratching needs is another of the people who work at the Outdoor Center at Biltmore. I don't think you can find a nicer, more helpful group of people than the staff of this facility. I believe that a big part of why they are all so nice and seem like they are always in a good mood is that they are being paid to have fun. Nice gig.
This is another entry in my ongoing catalog of amazing fungi. This thing is growing on a log that has been down in the Westover Trail area of Biltmore for as long as I have been walking there, but for some reason, this year, this monstrous thing appeared. It is a dead ringer for some of the corals I have seen diving the tropics. It just amazes me that two life forms, one animal and one vegetable, could resemble each other so completely in physical appearance.
Purple flowers below the Inn on Biltmore Estate. Who knows what they are but I liked their spiky form.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: