Friday, June 22, 2007

Like every other dog I have had, Abner just is crazy about ivy.
Unlike other dogs I have had, he sniffs out snakes. This guy is a harmless black snake we encountered on the Ambler's Trail. It didn't seem like it was in much of hurry to get away, although it took some convincing to get Abner to sit and mind his own business while I took these pictures. By the way, it is hard to tell from these shots but this guy was between 6 and 7 feet long.

This is what it looked like when the hail fell. I stood protected on my covered front porch and watched this biblical assault from Mother Nature. What the photos show is impressive, but you can't imagine how loud it was.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

azure said...

I have enjoyed your stories about yourself, Abner and your friends. I didn't know about the Biltmore estate and its beautiful grounds. You sound like you truly enjoy your houseguests. I lived in Sacramento myself until my late twenties but left there in 1977. Still feels like hometown but haven't been there for quite awhile.