Thursday, June 10, 2010

 

 


I have to admit that I find the black snakes interesting. They don’t seem to be very aggressive, aren’t venomous, and are pretty careful to hide from the big red tail hawks and other big predatory birds that can do them harm.

This next shot shows Abner lounging while I am checking one of my bluebird boxes. In the background is the beautiful 18th century house that Bill Cecil Jr and his family inhabit on a hill overlooking the winery at Biltmore.

The third picture is a less than flattering portrait of Rob Rives who has become Abner’s principal dog sitter. Rob is and avid outdoorsmen so convincing him to take Abner hiking when he stays at my house isn’t too difficult. I now am lucky to have 3 UNCA students who are willing to baby sit my hairy beast and they are all into outdoor activities.

The last shot is of Beth and Lou Livoti who visited in early May. We hiked to the top of Craggy Summit on a glorious day for the view. It was well worth the short hike.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: