Thursday, July 18, 2013

Things are happening in my life again in ways that would kind of motivate me to start posting to this blog again but Google, in their infinite wisdom, seems to have done something not only to Blogspot, the host for this blog for the last 7 years, but Picasa from which I posted all the photos. Something has been screwed up since last December and Google simply has no tech support or customer service for any non-revenue products so there is no way to get any instruction on how to make this thing work again. I would appeal to anyone out there who actually knows how the "new and improved" Picasa3 and the current versions of Blogspot are supposed to function. There used to be a button in Picasa that said "blog this" that would allow me to upload photos from a Picasa file directly into this blog. That stopped working on my old computer in December. Today I downloaded the lastest version of Picasa and lo and behold it has no "blog this" button. In fact there appears to no longer be any way to post Picasa photos to a blog. Help from some really sharp blog nerd would be greatly appreciated. Meanwhile, one of these days I may just post a text catch up for those of you who used to read this rambling journal of life in and around Asheville. Meanwhile, I will attempt to load a photo or two from my computer and hope for the best. I may end up saying Sayonara to Picasa3. . .hopefully not to this blog. These are pictures I actually took holding my 2 year old iPhone when I was in Vermont visiting Rob Rives and Carolyn Loeb last spring. One day the weather was beautiful and spring like and the next day it snowed like crazy and we got good and wet on our hike. Such is life in the spring in Vermont. A great time was had by all.

No comments: