Tuesday, July 23, 2013

 
 



This group of photos is from the trip Abner and I took to Seneca Rocks, WV in late July of 2012.  He was doing well enough with his adjustment to walking on three legs and my arm pain hadn't completely taken over my life at that point (although it did before the trip was over) so it was an opportunity for the two of us to get out of town for a bit of a break.  Our friend Rob Rives was working as a guide and climbing instructor and took a couple days off to hike with us, eat, and catch up on life.  We hiked Dolly Sods with Abner and then Rob and I did the hike up 1,000 feet to the top of Seneca Rocks while Abner rested in the cabin I had rented.  The views from the top show the tiny village center of Seneca Rocks and a fork of the Potomac River.  Who knew it went so far inland?
 
 
 


This last shot was taken by a co-worker of Rob's when I was getting ready to say good bye and head home.  It was the last trip Abner and I got to take together due to my worsening nerve pain and ultimately to the return of his cancer.  Rob was a great host and I will fondly remember this trip as Abner's and my swan song together.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: